Bottle of Wine
Entry 117 for Saturday August 8, 2020
The core questions:
- What did you do today? Working on #OpenFlip layout, announced that it will start a week later on August 17th; clean shave to try to match my identification for the AFORE app; safe-distance meetup with Pancho and Victor.
- What did you enjoy? Enjoying some wings and a bottle of wine with my good friends Pancho and Victor.
- What did you find difficult? So there is a process here in México to validate your identification and identity for government pensions which are administered through financial institutions. This was implemented a few years back but I had not done the process. You use an official app for Android or iOS where you need to take an selfie with the phone, then scan an official identification (in my case passport or work visa) and have it match. No match with either earlier in the week so I tried after a haircut and shaved to goatee; no dice. Today I clean shaved as my work visa looks that way. No match.
- What has changed? We are preparing for the start of the semester on Monday for myself, Alejandra and Andy. We will all be at the Tec but from home.
And then, the stretch questions:
- What are you grateful for? Friends. Today it was nice to talk and share some food and wine at a safe distance.
- Which changes do you want to keep? I started last week with an earlier schedule and want to get back to that early to bed and early to rise. That rhythm keeps me more productive, healthier and happier.
- What are you scared of? I am really convinced we will be in this teaching from home the rest of 2020 and very convinced through to next summer. The more I see the numbers and the science I am leaning to this being at least a couple of years before returning to some semblance of “normal”.
- What has stayed the same? We have work, we are healthy. We have no debt and are financially stable. This is important and we are fortunate.
- When did you last laugh? Great laughs this evening with friends.
Featured Image Credit
Video Released Today
No videos today.