Entry 116 for Friday August 7, 2020
The core questions:
- What did you do today? Systems admin and file cleanup; recorded and produced a video for #TechEduTips on how to create a Twitter account; nice meeting with Alan about connected courses setup; a nice #educoffee with Jorge P. in the afternoon; planning for #OpenFlip including setup and configuration of site; my #Oilers lost 3 games to 1 in their play-in round and are done for the season.
- What did you enjoy? A really nice short meeting with Alan about connected course plumbing for #OpenFlip
- What did you find difficult? Getting my courses ready for next week. I am excited but less so than semesters when I have more time to prepare.
- What has changed? Classes start on Monday. This summer was so short, not just because of #covid19 but due to our spring semester schedule change to Feb-June instead of Jan-May.
And then, the stretch questions:
- What are you grateful for? A suggestion from Nick Doty. Maintaining a gratitude practice yields all sorts of benefits, but it can be more beneficial if you do it on a longer timescale – weekly, not daily. So it’s an optional question here.
- Which changes do you want to keep? A suggestion from Sonia Virdi. Not all of the changes are bad – for example, more flexible work from home policies, a stronger social safety net for some workers, and cleaner air. What is worth holding onto?
- What are you scared of? It’s not always productive to give voice to our fears, but sometimes they need to be written down.
- What has stayed the same? A suggestion from Ben Seymour. Not everything is in flux. Some things are constants, but everyone’s constants are different. What are they for you?
- When did you last laugh? A suggestion from Edith Speller. Think back to the last time you laughed – it was probaby in an intimate moment that says a lot about your life and your current situation. Where you find humor and light tells a whole story.
Featured Image Credit
Video Released Today