Entry 138 for Saturday August 29, 2020
The core questions:
Credit goes to Ben and readers of his blog for these “Four Questions” and the five stretch questions.
- What did you do today? Woke up to a site that I administer being down and helping them get it back up; doing laundry and other housecleaning; out with Aure to put gas in the Jetta and go for dessert/coffee for take out.
- What did you enjoy? Some time on the road with Aurelia. Since lock down we rarely go shopping or any outside activity together. The protocol is now pretty much one person at a time in a store or other location so each of us has been doing these by ourselves while the other stays home.
- What did you find difficult? Joomla, ’nuff said.
- What has changed? We filled the Jetta with gas which I think is the first time since lock March. I have put small amounts in a couple times since then but not a fill. I don’t particularly miss dealing with traffic and I rarely had to deal with it before. It is nice to get out once in awhile and drive though.
And then, the stretch questions:
- What are you grateful for? Time with family. The lock down has been difficult but we are health, have time together and are getting projects on the house done. All three bathrooms have been remodeled (contractors) over these past three weeks and we have some other projects in the planning.
- Which changes do you want to keep? I actually prefer to teach online now for most activities. Perhaps this will be the rest of my career with some in-person classes mixed in.
- What are you scared of? A colleague died of #covid19 that I didn’t know well but had talked with him the few times we met. He was a good man and I really loved his teaching and speaking style and substance. He is related to a long time colleague with whom I have worked with for over 20 years. He will be missed and I worry about the other colleagues and friends I will lose.
- What has stayed the same? We are safe and together. I continue to teach and consult.
- When did you last laugh? This evening while out at the coffee shop. Humans are strange sometimes.
Featured Image Credit
Video Released Today