Entry 082 for Saturday July 4, 2020
The core questions:
- What did you do today? Mostly a relaxing day at home with the boys. Some cleaning, much reading, organizing the desktop and playing “Hitman 2“.
- What did you enjoy? The Hitman series fits a puzzle solving type of game that I do enjoy. This is a slow paced planning series, not a fast paced twitch game.
- What did you find difficult? Watching the news come out of the U.S.A. on their national holiday makes me shudder. The denial of the reality of #covid19 by “the orange one” is so damaging.
- What has changed? The entire week I was waking up late. I appreciate the rest but the lack of progress on some projects is evident and perhaps a result of my being more productive in the early mornings usually.
And then, the stretch questions:
- What are you grateful for? Again, health. None of us have been sick or need to make a hospital visit.
- Which changes do you want to keep? I am managing to avoid working on weekends and I want that to be my normal.
- What are you scared of? I really am afraid of heading back to campus while this virus is not under control by neither treatment of vaccine. Any campus is a potential super spreader location from the reports I follow. I point to the curation work of Bryan Alexander for this: https://bryanalexander.org/coronavirus/coronavirus-and-higher-education-resources/
- What has stayed the same? My weight. I am hovering around the 80kg mark since the past fall. I really would like to get into some better shape and am thinking a better focus on eating (shifting back to primal/paleo and even going into ketosis again) as well as more walking should be in the plans.
- When did you last laugh? Some great laughs in the three #educoffee sessions on Friday.
Featured Image Credit
Video Released Today
I had planned on releasing a #LinuxTips on Saturdays but just didn’t have the energy for it.