This is the third year that we have offered this week long course at the Tecnológico de Monterrey in Guadalajara. I usually provide a single day of activities but managed to also provide the kick-off session while my colleague was busy with another course on campus.
Thanks to Francisco Alvarado Chacón for organizing this as well as other colleagues that are part of the project.
This post (first in almost a year, I know) is really a resource for students of links and videos that I provided in my time in class with them. The assignment is also provided here first.
Your assignment should you choose to accept it:
- Setup your own public/private key pair. You could do this at https://keybase.io/ or any other method.
- Encrypt a block of text to me. Go find my public key, make sure that it is really me, how can you check that? The text you should encrypt is the classic poem “If Dr. Zeuss were a Technical Writer” by Gene Ziegler. Each team should do this as a team since the output will be the same no matter who encrypts the blog of text. You can copy/paste the output and save it to a text file in your submission directory.
- Each team member then takes that encrypted block of text/file and digitally sign it with their own private key. You can copy/paste that output to another file which should be labeled appropriately and you should probably include information for me to find your public key
Links, oh the links we will link!
- Two Factor Authentication
- Password Management
- Security Podcasts and Blogs (there are so many, just a couple of each here)