We have a good process at the Tecnológico de Monterrey where we define our commitments (“Compromisos”) for the academic year in advance and then review them at points during and at the end. Part of a holistic view of our roles as educators at our institution.
I’m busy reviewing mine from this year and realized that putting these in the open is a decent idea and I plan to do that going forward. Since I have no time machine to go back to the beginning of the year and post this, I’ll post both what the plans were and a reflection of where I am so far on this.
The Big Five
Here is the list of the five factors which we look at:
- Personal Development (Compromisos de Desarrollo Personal)
- Teaching (Compromisos de Docencia)
- Academic Vitality (Compromisos de Vitalidad Académica)
- Service and Leadership (Compromisos de Servicio y Liderazgo)
- Transformation and Continuous Improvement (Compromisos de Transformación y Mejor Continua)