Entry 362 for Saturday April 10, 2021
The core questions:
- What did you do today? Cleaning up some systems admin tasks and backups on local machines; walked to the bank and the meat market; prepping and cooking the picaña and the roasted vegetables; Aurelia brought our nephew and nieces home as she was watching them for the day; listened to the #Oilers game as the national feed was from Calgary and I much prefer Jack Michaels calling the game on radio; waited out on the front step with Bailey while listening to the game and waiting for the rest of the family to return from Aurelia’s mom.
- What did you enjoy? The walk was very nice, visiting our nephew and nieces here was great (and my brother-in-law when he came to pick them up) and doing that roast picaña (top sirloin cap) on the grill worked out quite well. I want to do more grilling this year. More images of the process of cooking (and smoking) the picaña, slicing and serving it on my Flickr page.
- What did you find difficult? Missing my father-in-law. Today is his birthday and I know he would have loved the roast beef even if it was not in his regular taste background. He would have asked about the process and sat with me taking care of the food during the day while enjoying drinks and the grandkids. He never got to see our current home.
- What has changed? This is my first “long format” post in ages. We don’t have an extra car now as the Jetta will be traded in for another vehicle. That led to walking to the store which is better for me anyway. I should have went earlier though before things heated up.
And then, the stretch questions:
- What are you grateful for? Family. My mom and dad have now had their first dose and my brother had his now since as Métis we can go now in BC.
- Which changes do you want to keep? Cooking more, improving on that and expanding on it.
- What are you scared of? A big wave of covid hitting us and this stretching out as rich countries get vaccinated and the poor become breeding grounds for more variants as they lag behind in vaccinations.
- What has stayed the same? Over one year at home working and almost one year of these daily blog entries.
- When did you last laugh? Many times today. Our niece and god-daughter Andrea is such a character at this age. She is fascinated with Bailey.
Featured Image Credit
Caught up on a lot of podcasts today, I am about 3 weeks behind on my episodes.
Video Released Today
No video today.