Entry 075 for Saturday June 27, 2020
The core questions:
- What did you do today? Wipe OS drives and reinstall Win10 and Linux. I also recorded a bunch of raw video screencasts while setting up various parts of my new setup to use in videos later.
- What did you enjoy? I find the process of cleaning up my workstation a constructive process and it keeps me thinking about other parts of life that needs organizing. Setting up the operating systems on my computer is something I’ve been doing since I was a young nerd playing with an Apple II+ in the early 80s.
- What did you find difficult? Windows 10 can be difficult. Earlier this week I ran some auto-declutter scripts on my Win10 install and I am pretty sure those might have broken things. I find it more difficult to wrangle (for me) than any Linux distribution.
- What has changed? Back to Manjaro, this time 20.0.3 “Lysia”.
And then, the stretch questions:
- What are you grateful for? We have health, we have work and we are doing okay.
- Which changes do you want to keep? Blogging consistently and the video production has kept me busy and focused. I believe that it also gives me some space to reflect on other parts of my practice. My friend Raj Boora published on his blog today (well the day I am writing this) and that gave me another angle to reflect on this practice of the #LifeOnTheGround series.
- What are you scared of? Someone close getting really sick from this. I am frightened of being on campus in crowds right now, I don’t see that happening until we have a better way of treating #covid19.
- What has stayed the same? Since last posting in stretch questions, I am cooking often and I like that. My regular posts of breakfast keep going up on my Instagram account and Sunday has become “pizza night”.
- When did you last laugh? This afternoon (as writing, so Sunday). Bailey (our dog) was up on our bed and had such a strange expression that put both Aurelia and I into laughter.
Featured Image Credit
Video Released Today
None, but lots of raw recording during the Manjaro setup.