My presentation slide deck for a one hour session on Monday morning.
- “The web is not something that was happening to them but that they were happening to the web” Martha Burtis, Domains 2017 Keynote.
For more Reading:
- Martha Burtis keynote at Domains17. I played a clip starting at 23:10 -> 26:09
- My participation at Domains17 via Virtually Connecting
- My Semestre-i workshop on Digital Identity
- Audrey Watters article in Wired.
- Jess and Jesse, Brief History of DoOO.
- Lee Skallerup Corpus Study of DoOO
- more from Lee: Leveling Up
- More Audrey: Post-Ownership Society.
- And more Audrey: Why ‘A Domain of One’s Own’ Matters (For the Future of Knowledge).
- Jim A domain of one’s own.
- More Jim: Documenting a Domain of One’s Own
- YouTube “Domain of One’s Own”:
- UMW publication on DoOO.:
- Alan Levine search on “Domains” at his blog.
Videos (and audio) shared during the Hour
Thanks to Alan Levine (in the comments below), the audio for Martha Burtis’ keynote at Domains17 can be found via Grant Potter’s site.| Embedded audio below
Feature Image Credit
3 thoughts on “RNP 2017 – Domain of One’s Own”
That was Grant Potter who posted Martha’s audio, he snagged it when he was streaming the talk on #ds106 radio
Looks like an action packed KenTalk, hope you are stirring up DoOO interest.
Excellent, thanks Alan (and Grant!).
Actually, I remember reading Grant’s post and that explains where I found and downloaded the audio file to listen to later.
One awesome extra in the audio is that I feel like I am sitting next to you, Alan Levine, listening to the talk together with your laughter interspersed with the keynote!