Entry 229 for Saturday November 28, 2020
The core questions:
- What did you do today? Up early to enjoy coffee and some reading; put a brace on the old IKEAshelf in the driveway; made pizza for the kids and a blackened chicken stir fry for myself; went to bed early (8pm)
- What did you enjoy? Fixing something physical was a nice change. I used some leftover wood trim to hack a brace to the back of an IKEA shelf that was missing the original standard brace that came with it. I split the wood along one screw but it works.
- What did you find difficult? I was feeling very irritable today and easy to trigger. I try to be a patient person but my fuse is short and I am not liking that.
- What has changed? The kids have been playing on the PS4 much more. Alex with COD (previously a lot of Spiderman), Andy Second Son and more recently Spiderman, Adrían tends towards the sports titles.
And then, the stretch questions:
- What are you grateful for? We are all healthy, happy and financially stable. Day to day issues are tough some days but we are well.
- Which changes do you want to keep? Keeping a tighter division between work time and rest time.
- What are you scared of? How do we get through 2021 when 2020 was tough. This is going into at least summer next year.
- What has stayed the same? We are health and generally happy.
- When did you last laugh? Korina was over today and there was various points of laughter. I do think having daily interactions with people outside our direct family is lacking. The months of all being together gets us into a routine.
Featured Image Credit
Listening to the audio version of “Thick, And Other Essays ” by Tressie McMillan Cottom. Caught up on podcasts mostly but hitting the “archive all” button on them and cleaning out some that I just was not currently interested in listening to.
Video Released Today